Here's the binary for 27C128 EPROM: https://github.com/gligli/mtrakemu/raw/master/mtrak.bin
And for 27C256 EPROM: https://github.com/gligli/mtrakemu/r...er/mtrak32.bin (wider availability than 27C128 and compatible with this file)
Quick install how-to:
- Dump patches and sequences thru MIDI. The upgrade procedure should not corrupt them but it's still safer to dump them before opening the synth.
- Program the corresponding .BIN file to a regular erased 27C256 or 27C128 with an EPROM programmer. EPROM programmers (eg: TL866II) are not cheap but eg. there are services on the internet that do this.
- Open the synth, remove the analog board.
- Remove the old 28pin EPROM from the socket, keep it aside.
- Fit the new EPROM, put the analog board and all back, and it should work fine!
- To check the installed version number, press both "MIDI Channel" and "MIDI Mode" at the same time.
The project page: https://github.com/gligli/mtrakemu
I hope Multi-Trak owners will enjoy the added features of this firmware :) (by the way, I wonder how many of them there are in studios everywhere...).