Now that there are cheap SMT clones of the SSM2044, I thought I could finally make this synth an affordable and easy to build DIY.
For now, it's hard to give a cost estimation, but let's say it would (probably) be around 200€ for a fully assembled board (add less than 100€ for the rest).
The firmware is now rather complete and well tested (by me :), here are the features:
- 6 voice polyphony using hybrid synthesis (Digital "single cycle" oscillators / analog VCF and VCA).
- 2 synchronizable oscillators per voice, duty cycle modulation on any waveform, 2 waveforms mix modulation (on oscillator 1), "grith" modulation (from a subtle veil to "ring modulation"-like sounds).
- 2 complete envelopes with lin/exp choice and looping.
- 2 complete LFOs with 6 modulation destinations.
- 1 noise generator.
- Voice panning on the stereo output.
- 400 patches stored on SDCard, Single cycles (AKWF, PRophetVS, ...) also stored on SDCard.
- Sequencer / Arpeggiator.
- USB Powered with USB MIDI and regular MIDI.
If people show interest, I'll start designing the new PCB!